Athena in Action
This six-month leadership development program is designed for senior businesswomen wanting to:
- Enhance her organizational impact so that valuable work gets delivered more efficiently and to a higher standard;
- Build a stronger network of influence and support horizontally across the organization and vertically with top executives to retain top women leaders;
- Increase her awareness of how she sees the world; and value why others often see it differently; and use this powerful insight to make more strategic choices that produce better results.
This is the most valuable program I have participated in the last 10 years at P&G. I am sure you will benefit from it greatly and love being an Athena Sister too!
The Athena Journey has been like no other training or leadership course I have ever taken. It is mind-opening, soul affirming and inspiring in so many ways.
I’m a better leader because of the Athena program. (And I know my Athena skills have helped at home too!)
To me, this is a personal journey of getting to know my strengths, my principles, and my equity. But most importantly what I should not compromise in my terms of what is important to me and what I am passionate about.
You will transform and you will love it!
It’s a big commitment and investment of time and energy, but you will get rewarded for what you bring to the course. You will see life and work with a different lens and you will become an even stronger leader.
This program is worth the time, investment, and vulnerability… You will grow. You will be grateful. You will be an awesome Athena Sister.
The Athena journey starts a different conversation about who we are as women, what we can do to ‘shine,’ and how our strengths can be unleashed. It has opened my eyes to re-define my own personal equity and see new ways of how I can influence those around me. That feels really good and gives me hope for my future and the future of P&G.
You will learn new models and frameworks to be a better manager, you will learn about your own style and how you approach problems, you will come out a better leadership and be more centered. You will read mind-opening books, and will make some amazing relationships with other women leaders in other functions and business units; really—lasting friendships.
Taking this time to invest in myself to stretch my perspective, and take deliberate action to become a stronger leader in P&G and a better individual in general has been truly empowering.
Program outcomes include:
- Immediate application of new, practical leadership frameworks.
- Increased trust and support among cross-functional peers and team members so great ideas move forward more quickly.
- Improved negotiation and conflict resolution skills that fuel—rather than deflate—collaboration.
- A better understanding of the multidimensional aspects of communication—including the emotions and physical body—and the impact they have on productivity, connection and understanding.